Property-Based Testing in object-oriented TDD ¶
Property-Based Testing allows to express functional specifications in code, checking them by random test-case generation. It is a complementary technique to unit testing and has its origins in the functional programming language Haskell. However, it has not seen much use in object-oriented programming so far. The aim of this thesis is the investigation of the use of property-based testing in object-oriented TDD. In particular the student should perform the following tasks:
- Get accustomed with property-based testing in general.
- Review of existing property-based testing libraries in Java.
- Investigate if, where and how property-based testing can be applied in object-oriented TDD.
- Interest in software quality and automated testing.
- Good object-oriented programming skills in Java (or C#).